All is calm at Kalmynsi Treehouse, as you’d expect from a treehouse named after the Cornish word for ‘calm’. Hand-built from the finest cedar and rooted into the earth as naturally as if it had grown on its own, Kalmynsi is a beautiful, quiet space. Here, two of you (and your pet pooch) can hunker down by the log burner, with the vintage record player turning, enjoying some deep R&R.
There’s an open-plan sleek kitchen fitted with a black Neff induction hob and a combi oven for you to cook up a romantic feast. And an intimate Scandi-inspired living space made super-cosy with a Graham and Green two-seater sofa and armchair, as well as Big Bertha beanbag. There’s also an Ekol log burner with integrated oven and hot plate to cook on (logs, matches and kindling are provided), Bluetooth LP player, and Smart TV with superfast broadband and Wifi.
When bedtime calls, slip into the separate double bedroom at the end of the treehouse and allow yourself to be encased in the naturally soft linen sheets from the Chalk and Pink Linen Company. In the morning, wake up with the birds on your own private balcony then head to the separate shower room and awaken your senses with the organic local toiletries. The shower room is complete with a drenching rainforest shower, heated towel rail, WC and basin.
Kalmynsi Treehouse is set 30 metres apart from Skapya Treehouse on a gentle hillside hidden from view amongst ash, beech and oak trees. The treehouse is also bordered by our 3-acre field, some of which we have recently planted to create a new woodland, with a partially sunken outdoor lounging area reserved just for you. Head outdoors, light the firepit, pour a glass of wine and watch the sunset over the distant hills as owls call in from the ancient bluebell woodland nearby.
Also, there is the ‘Valley View’ area for relaxing, which has seating and a fire pit (plus stunning views).
Like Skapya, there is no difficult terrain to trudge through to get to Kalmynsi Treehouse. Simply park in the private offroad car park and follow the gravel path 30 metres to its door. A short elevated wooden walkway takes you up to Kalmynsi’s small porch with a Tilley Lamp lantern, welly store and glass-fronted door. Turn the key to its glass-fronted entrance, step inside and close the door on the real world.
- A welcome hamper provided on arrival – includes organic milk, Clipper tea, locally roasted Coffee and other treats plus a full bottle of prosecco to help you settle in.
- Lounge Essentials:
- Wood Burning Stove
- Books and board games
- LP Player
- Smart TV
- WIFi and 4G reception
- Kitchen Essentials:
- Induction Hob
- Combi Oven
- Detergent / Dishwasher tablets
- Dog Bowl
- Electric heater
- Bedroom/Bathroom Essentials:
- Private balcony
- Trevano organic handmade toiletries
- Dressing gowns and slippers
- Hair Dryer
- Electric radiator / towel rail
- Outdoor Essentials:
- Own private seating area
- Fire Pit
- Weber Portable BBQ (feel free to use on day trips)
- Picnic hamper (feel free to use on day trips also)
- Outdoor ‘sheepskin’ blankets
- Check in: 3 pm/Check out: 10 am
- Please note there will be an initial pack of logs, firelighters and kindling, if you require more there will be a charge of £5 for the log bundle which will be payable at on-site.