The data controller is Kosel Ltd, Old Mill Farm, Gweek, Cornwall. TR12 6UD. Registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under reference ZB247856.
Who we are
Luxury self-catering holiday treehouses.
This website and its owners ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
This website uses tracking software to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it. This software is provided by Google Analytics which uses analytical/performance cookies to track visitor usage. The software will save a cookie to your computer’s hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
Should users wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive, they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Whilst using our website, software applications or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, account details, etc.). We will use this information to administer our website, applications, client databases and marketing material. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the DPA 2018 which sets out the framework for data protection law in the UK and sits alongside and supplements the UK GDPR. Further, by providing telephone, fax and email details, you consent to Kosel Ltd contacting you using that method. You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, or would like to be removed from our database, please contact us using the address at the footer of the website.
Information collection and use:
How do we collect information?
We collect information in two possible ways:
- When you directly give it to us – for example filling in the booking form on the website
- When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts – for example carrying out payment checks through our payment services provider
How long do we keep your data for?
We will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your client account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the services to you.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required.
We will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered from this website, to anyone.
Grounds for processing your data
We undertake activities for the following reasons
- In pursuance of our legitimate interests as a commercial organisation, including the promotion and marketing of our brand and services;
- To enable us to fulfil any contractual obligations that may exist when you make a booking and purchase any of our services;
- Based on your consent (if applicable).
Who we may share your data with
To undertake our legitimate business interests and provide you with the marketing services you have requested, we will sometimes have to share your data with third parties, including business partners, suppliers and contractors that we use to undertake our business activities.
Accessing and updating the data we hold
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to us by contacting us at the email address at the footer of the website. We may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your email address and possibly your address.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by us regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
- You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point by email.
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by advising us by email at any time. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any marketing emails from us. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- You can request a readable copy of the personal data we hold on you at any time. To do this, please contact us at the email at the footer of the website.
Updates to this policy
Concerns or complaints
If you have any complaints about how we are collecting, storing or processing your data, please contact us at the email address at the footer of the website.
You may also complain to the ICO (Information Commissioners Office), the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
Last updated: 12 May 2022